Storybook brought to life

 Our first trip to Sintra, visiting the Quinta da Regaleira


One of a must do near Lisbon is Sintra. It is a city with full of options what to see. When we went there for the first time, we naively thought that 1 day will be enough for visiting everything. Now I am very grateful, that we are spending a half year here, because even 2 full day visits weren't enough for everything!

To get to Sintra we took a train from Oriente, and our magic transport pass works for this too! Even in Sintra we were traveling for free too.





The first thing we went to see was Quinta da Regaleira. 


This is a really magical place, if I was a writer I am sure, it would inspire me to wright a new fantasy book with fairies elves and princesses. I am not, but the feeling of being a princess remained this way too. 

The park has the famous initiation well, and the castle, and  many towers, viewpoints etc.
We spent a lot of time here, but we still didn't have time to see the inside of the castle.

The place was so magical, that this time i will let the pictures speak instead of me. :) 

 



















2021.09.17.









Comments