Eu sou ULisboa

After almost a month of exploring and (much needed) summer vacation in the new city, the university finally started! 

Excitement and fear was both on my mind while we were approaching the first days of school. I had no doubt that starting school will bring some big changes in the "routine" which I already developed for myself over the past month, but I was also really hopeful, that starting school will give me more friends, and exciting projects. 



Starting a new school always brings some pressure, but this time I was not really worried about if I will have friends or not.
It was really amazing, that the Erasmus office organised a WhatsApp group for all the Erasmus students studying at the faculty that semester. Which was a great platform to start to organise some "business meetings" in Barrio Alto. 
J

Jokes aside, it was a great way to create connections. So on the first days of school I already felt like I am at my home university, when I bumped into the new friends in the canteen or courtyards of the school. 

The University itself in located in Ajouda, which means it has a beautiful scenery to the Ponte 25 de Abril, but it is also quite far from the centre, and not where the other faculties are. 
For me it seemed more convenient to reserve an apartment near the centre, so I take the bus every day to school, for 35-45 minutes, which seemed a lot at first, but these bus rides are now one of the favourite parts of my weekdays. :) 
During the way I pass by the Tejo river, and sometimes my classmates take the same bus, so it is even more fun! 




Although studying is usually not the main focus point of Erasmus students, I think that as an architecture student this is a little different. Because our project require a lot of time to develop, so the school life and the environment which we work in is also really important for us.

The faculty is divided into 6 buildings, which was a little confusing for me at first, being used to 1 building, but with this division, we have really cosy courtyards in between the buildings, making it possible for students to bond outside. 




The equipment in the school is mostly similar to my home university, but they have a 24 hour working space for students which is really great for group works, or if you need to make a model.
Since as I am writing this post, it is already November, I had the chance to try, how strange it is to stay in school until midnight, and work on the project. Although it is no-one’s dream is to stay so long in school, it is a really great opportunity for sure. And also a great way for teambuilding.


In connection to the university the only surprise for me was, that they don't have heating in the school. Which is starting to be a problem now as we are approaching winter. 

But for now we are powering trough by taking little breaks on the sun with a hot tea and good company! :) 


Comments