Fast forward to Christmas.


 Next to school, and traveling around Portugal, it had been very difficult, to keep up with the time, and to keep the blog posts coming.
 I have the feeling, that i still have so many stories, trips and other things to talk about, but in the blink of an eye with every day passing I just have more and more. 

I want to tell the stories of the first month, but i also want to keep up to date and introduce the new, exciting things happening in the city! 

So from my last post of sunny autumn we are arriving to reality today in Lisbon. 
Well, well okay, first we have to go back to the 21st of October. When I was taking my usual morning bus to school, i noticed something really strange from the bus. It was a rather odd surprise....


I quickly took a picture and sent it to my Hungarian friends...


They already have the christmas lights on!!!!- I texted them.

It was still really hot every day, I usually didn't even wore a coat yet. So I already new this will be a funny Christmas. :) 

At home I am a huge fan of Christmas, and I already start to wear my Christmas clothes pretty early, but in October, when a few weeks ago I could still go into the ocean, well well I was quite surprised. 

So from that day we were excited when the lights will be turned on, and almost a month later we got the answer. 

On the 19th on November at 18:30 we went to Praça do Comércio (the main square) and they turned on the Christmas lights. I am not going to lie I am excited to start the Christmas cheer so early, to see the butiful lights from the miraduros and drink lots of mulled wine in the Christmas market.  ( Yes they already have everything prepared!) 


Next time I am trying their special Christmas drink, ginginha in a chocolate cup. And I can't wait for the other Christmas markets to open too! 










How the jellyfishes connect to Christmas is even a mistery for the Portuguese. :)





Comments