Moving Day

My moving experience probably was not the most typical one when you go on an Erasmus.
Typically you pack your stuff together to a 20kg suitcase get on a plane alone and never look back! For me it was different, because I came to Lisbon with my dad! 

Our plan was to come together, do some sightseeing and maybe some packing out. The plane on Wednesday leaves quite late so we figured staying for 2 nights would be enough. 


On Monday we started our journey from Miskolc by car to Budapest, and then we got to the airport with the E100 bus, which goes from Deák square or Kálvin square directly to the airport. I think that this bus is so practical if you don't have a car, or don't want to leave your car at the airport.
But on the other hand, it is not the most suitable option if you have 2 big luggages and a small one, which we did. The way on the bus was still managable, because we got to the Deák square early, so the bus was still empty. If you decide to go with this bus, I definitely recommend doing the same!! 

After we got to the airport we realised that one of our bags has 1 kg surplus, so quickly we tried to rearrange everything, and we succeeded without throwing anything out! Yeyyy!! 

From that point, everything went smoothly with the security check and the take-off. 



Unfortunately I can't say that about the arrival, because my father got sick while we were landing. Luckily he was already feeling better after getting out of the plane, and he got checked by the airports medical service. But this was the first time when we met Portuguese people and they were very nice! :)

After this little scare, we also got lost around the airport, so instead of the planned arrival at 8 pm we arrived to our hotel at 11 pm. We had a really trying day, and after this I felt a little down, because I thought everything will be this hard, but fortunately the next day was easier, and we had no more surprises for the next few days while he stayed here. 

Comments