Making friends

 Hey Friends! 

I just wanted to do a post about the summary of my 1st few days here in Lisbon. 

When you come to a new city far-far away from your home, the first day it hits you... I am alone. This can be a bit scary or frustrating for some people and for some it can be a relief or just not that big deal. But one thing on which all of us can agree is that we come to an Erasmus experience, to find some international friends, connections, to find a piece of home in an other country and to grow as a person. 

I am an introverted, highly sensitive person, so typically going on an Erasmus is a social challenge for me. Because of my experience during last Erasmus I was preparing myself for being overwhelmed with social situations, and all the stimulations of the new city and culture. 
I think it is important, to take care about your mental health and I am here to prove, that you don't need to be an extrovert to go on an Erasmus, you just need to know your limits, and take a little time off when you feel overwhelmed.

But it is also important to go to social situations, even to the ones which seem scary, because you can never know, and there is always someone who is similar to you! :) 

I started making friends before coming here online, which I think is a very great opportunity. You don't have to be talking with them for days, but I can always text them later, when you are in your Erasmus city to meet up, and maybe they bring some friends and you can meet really great people! 

This is what happened to me also, and I am still on my journey to meeting new people and finding great friends! Here are some pictures of the meetings: 



 



Comments